Is money everything that you need to make you happy? This young generation, more famously known as the Generation Y, thinks not. These teenagers and young adults prioritizes better work-life balance and flexible working rather than earning heaps of money. According to The Guardian, they don’t live for work, rather, they work to live.
This isn’t only about Generation Y. Happiness comes from things that are really not about money, but that which comes from within yourself.
There is a new book that gives away 12 secrets of being happy, and shows how to look on the bright side of your life. As you go along reading this research, here is a list of 31 quotes just to inspire you to live for meaning instead of money. Maybe one day you might think of changing your mind of chasing money, rather, assemble your courage, and chase your dream!
1. “Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn’t matter to me. . . Going to bed at night saying we’ve done something wonderful. . . that’s what matters to me.” – Steve Jobs
2. “Life is about making an impact, not making an income.” – Kevin Kruse
3. “Strive not be a success, but rather to be of value.” – Albert Einstein
4. “No one has ever become poor from giving.” – Maya Angelou
5. “Don’t trade away your happiness now to earn money in hopes that if you make enough you’ll be able to buy it back later. You can’t.” – Unknown
6. “You are more than what you do. Your title should not confine you, and your job does not define you.” – Unknown
7. “Certain things catch your eye, but pursue only those that capture the heart.” – Ancient Indian Proverb
8. “When I was five years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy”. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.” – John Lennon
9. “A real woman is not impressed by money because she knows her love is priceless.” – Unknown
10. “A truly rich man is one whose children run into his arms when his hands are empty.” – Unknown
11. “If you want your children to turn out well, spend twice as much time with them, and half as much money.” – Abigail Van Buren
12. “Today be thankful, and think how rich you are. Your family is priceless, your time is gold, and your health is wealth.” – Unknown
13. “The battles that count aren’t the ones for gold medals. The struggles within yourself – the invisible battles inside all of us – that’s where it’s at.” – Jesse Owens
14. “You can retire from a job, but don’t ever retire from making extremely meaningful contributions in life.” – Stephen Covey
15. “Do not let your grand ambitions stand in the way of small, but meaningful accomplishments.” – Bryant H. McGill
16. “It’s so easy today to get swept up in celebrity fixation and materialism, and searching for some validation outside of yourself, when we know it’s really found within, and through meaningful connections with other people.” – Geoffrey S. Fletcher
More quotes are available on http://www.lifehack.org/articles/communication/31-quotes-inspire-you-live-for-meaning-instead-money.html